Saturday, July 30, 2011

Once Upon a Time...

Once upon a time there was a beautiful young lady who fell in love with a handsome young man. They got married on a warm sunny day in May. I had the pleasure of shooting Heather and Ryan's wedding and what a beautiful wedding it was. It was set at the Botanical Gardens, which made a wonderful backdrop.

I know photographers that say the very thought of shooting a wedding makes them cringe. I love weddings. I love that the bride has asked me to document the most important day of her life. I love all of the beautiful things about a wedding, the excitement of the bride, the somberness, pride and love that you see from the parents. I love to see the look on the groom's face the first time he sees his beautiful bride all decked out for the day. I wonder how many times I can say the word love in one paragraph? :)

I didn't set out to become a wedding photographer, it just kind of happened. A family member asked me to assist her at the wedding of a friend of hers. Since then, I've shot five more weddings. At first I wasn't sure this was what I wanted to do, but now, I love it. I don't get nervous, I just get focused. There is a certain flow to weddings and it helps if you know when and where things will happen. That's the key to being in the right place, at the right time, for the right shot.

Here are some of my favorite shots from Heather and Ryan's wedding and engagement shoot.
















No comments: