Sunday, July 10, 2011

Please, shoot me on the beach!

A couple of weeks ago, I got a phone call from my sister in law. She said that they wanted to get some of my nieces senior pics done while they were at the beach. She had already called around and priced photographers in the area. So she calls me and asks if I would like to come down to the beach and do the job. She said she would pay me the going rate and I could stay with them in their condo for FREE! It didn't take me long to decide to say YES!

This was my first beach shoot. It was fun but had it's challenges too. We were a little late getting down to take the photos, so light was a little bit of an issue. Lucky for us the sun peeked it's shiny little head around a tall building of condos just long enough to get some nice shots. These were shot with my Canon 5D Mark II and a Tamron 90mm f/2.8 macro lens. Some have fill light added with a Canon 430EX II flash.

I'm pretty happy with these images and more importantly, so is she.  :)

I talked my hubby into going with me .  We booked a condo at The Breakers in Ft. Walton.  It was a quick trip and has left me wanting more beach time.  On my last morning there, I woke up early.  Five o'clock early.  So I decided to grab my gear and head over to the bay for some sunrise photo goodness.  There's just something about being up at sunrise and shooting the freshness and start of a new day.

These images were shot with my Canon 5D Mark II and a Canon 24-105 f/4L lens.  That lens is awesome.  I underexposed these shots in camera to get the effect that I was looking for.  I wanted to silhouette most of them being that I was shooting into the sun.




If you've never gotten up and shot the sunrise, especially while at the beach, I highly recommend it. ~Vicki